CrimeThree teens charged with murder of Prince Walker

Three teens charged with murder of Prince Walker

Detectives have charged three 16-year-old boys with the murder of Prince Walker.

The teenagers, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were remanded in custody ahead of an appearance at Manchester Youth Court today.

These charges are a result of an investigation into a stabbing that killed 17-year-old Prince on Raby Street in Moss Side, last Thursday.

Detective chief inspector Neil Higginson and Senior Investigating Officer said: “A week on, our investigation has now come to a position where we have charged three suspects in relation to this incident.

“Prince’s family continued to be supported by Family Liaison Officers and are being kept up to date with its progress.”

Helen Greaney
Helen Greaney
I'm a journalist with more than 18 years' experience on local, regional and national newspapers, as well as PR and digital marketing. Crime and the courts is my specialist area but I'm also keen to hear your stories concerning Manchester and the greater North West region.
Latest

Body found in search for missing 14-year-old schoolboy from Stoke-on-Trent

A body has been found in the search for missing 14-year-old Tyler from Stoke-on-Trent, who was last seen on SundayRob Andrews and Olivia Beeson...

Measles outbreak warning for Spain holidays as cases double in tourist hotspot

Cases of measles in Alcantarilla, Murcia have doubled since an outbreak was declared earlier this month, prompting a warning for families travelling to the...

What happens next as Oldham chaos carries on and on and on

The council has been criticised by an MP for its ‘unnecessary and petty-minded politics’Two weeks of meetings have been cancelled amid ongoing mayhem at...

UK's best value theme park letting kids go free this May half term

Kids can enjoy free entry for the rest of the monthVictoria Lynn, managing director of Drayton Manor, said: “As the UK’s best value theme...
Subscribe to our newsletter
Business Manchester will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
Don't miss

Viral jacket potato phenomenon SpudBros is on its way to the Trafford Centre

The SpudBros tram van is heading to the Trafford CentreSharing a video walking around the Trafford Centre last month, Jacob said: "We get asked...

Robert Faulkner’s The Mysteries of Rome and Intrigue delivers a thrilling cross-border adventure

Readers are being taken deep into a dangerous world of deception, suspense and international intrigue with the release of Robert Faulkner’s latest thriller, The...

Thousands still dying from asbestos exposure decades after UK ban, research warns

More than 25 years after asbestos was banned in the UK, the material continues to cause around 5,000 deaths annually, according to new findings...

DWP bank holiday benefit payment changes affecting claimants next week

Affected claimants will need to make their money last longer due to the upcoming bank holiday date Payments due on May 25 will be affected(Image:...

More News

How to make sure your business bounces back after a cybersecurity attack

You’ll rarely see a cyber breach coming. In a matter of moments, everything you've built could be put at risk, leaving you to pick up...

Teenager arrested after proactive drug dealing operation in Chorlton

A teenage boy was arrested by South Manchester police following a proactive plain clothes operation to combat drug dealing in the area. Officers headed to...

Fake ‘luxury’ goods worth £3 million found in trading standards raid

More than 5,000 fake luxury goods worth £3.1 million have been uncovered in Bury by trading standards officers. The huge haul was discovered in raids...