The United Kingdom is filled with incredible entrepreneurs, who are constantly working on the creation of new businesses. Manchester is experiencing a boom in exciting entertainment venues and experiences. From immersive theater to axe-throwing bars, there are plenty of fresh ways for locals and visitors alike to have fun in Manchester and the surrounding areas according to the TripAdvisor page. A lot of places have received 5 out of 5 stars from visitors, which makes sense, considering how well they represent different types of businesses.
Most Popular Places To Visit In Manchester
There are a lot of interesting places to visit. While at first it may seem like it takes a lot of time to travel between them, there is GG Bet online casino with some impressive handheld games that helps to not get bored even while being on the road trip. Here are a couple of recommendations of places that are worth visiting:
- Escape Rooms. Escape rooms have become incredibly popular in recent years. These real-life puzzle games require teams to work together to find clues and solve problems in order to escape a themed room within a set time limit. Some of the top new escape room companies in Greater Manchester include the Escapist on Deansgate, Escape Quest at the Printworks, and Puzzle Room Salford Quays. With rooms based on everything from prisons to wizard schools to nuclear bunkers, these escape rooms offer an intense and thrilling team activity.
- Axe Throwing. Axe throwing has also seen a huge rise in interest. Whistle Punks Urban Axe Throwing opened its first Manchester venue on Jackson’s Row in 2019, bringing this adrenaline-filled lumberjack sport to the city center. Players get trained on safety and technique before trying to stick axes into wooden targets. The industrial style venue also has a fully stocked bar and snack menu to fuel the fun. The craze has spread, with axe throwing venues like Hatch Manchester in the Green Quarter and Axes N Arms in Salford.
- Cocktail Bars. For those looking to imbibe innovative cocktails in hip surroundings, The Jane Eyre on Cutting Room Square and 20 Stories on Spinningfields both opened in 2020 to much acclaim. These swanky bars have extensive, creative drink menus, top-notch mixologists, and gorgeous decor like velvet couches and city views. Nearby, Alston Bar and Beef in MediaCityUK and The Botanist in the Printworks have also emerged as lively hotspots for artisanal cocktails.
- Immersive Dining. Unique dining events are also on the rise. The vivid Taking Liberties dinner and walking tour explores Manchester’s radical history through a five-course meal and performer reenactments. For theater paired with head-scratching puzzles and clues, The Greatest Show Mystery Dinner invites guests to step right into the circus. New in 2022 is Don Giovanni’s Restaurant, where diners become part of an interactive opera bringing all the drama and deception of Mozart’s masterpiece to life.
- Live Entertainment Venues. With Manchester renowned for its music and artistic talent, new independent live entertainment venues are also heating up the scene. YES Basement on Charles Street, which funds itself through fan donations rather than food or drink sales, has fast become one of the city’s most important small music venues since opening last year. New non-profit venue Fair Play also launched in Ancoats in 2022, determined to keep ticket prices affordable. Both are go-to spots to catch emerging local bands and artists across many genres. For comedy, The Komedia Comedy Club opened its third UK branch on Brighton Street in 2020. Bringing well-known national stand up acts to an intimate, converted bathroom showroom each evening, this small club offers an alternative to the nearby Lowry’s bustling theater.
- Outdoor Experiences. Seeking thrills outdoors? Alpine Adventures in nearby Oldham is the UK’s largest urban high ropes and obstacle course, set across different levels wrapped around a reservoir. With zip lines, wobbling tunnels, rope swings and more, it’s an adventurous day out with views across Manchester. Bounce Below also recently launched at Salford Quays, with immense underground trampoline chambers, walkways, ball pits and more occupying the cavernous disused tunnels below the quays. Lively fitness events company British Military Fitness holds outdoor classes across various Manchester green spaces as well, for those seeking a fun, adventurous workout.
These are the places that are worth visiting. No matter what type of entertainment feels more appealing for a particular person, there are always some good finds. It is understandable, considering Manchaster is the second most populous urban area in the United Kingdom. Thanks to the strong economy of the region, it is possible to say that it is going to impress with new business in the next couple of years.
There Is Something For Everyone
All in all, whether you are a local or just visiting, there are now so many vibrant, unique entertainment options to enjoy across Manchester. The variety of experiences on offer cements Manchester’s status as one of the most exciting destinations in the UK.