CrimeMan who assaulted and raped woman is jailed for 20 years

Man who assaulted and raped woman is jailed for 20 years

A man who violently attacked a woman after raping her, has been jailed for 20 years.

Jordan Taylor (30) of St Brelades Drive, Salford, received the sentence for two counts of rape and assault, at Bolton Crown Court on Friday.

He has also been given an indefinite restraining order against the victim.

The court heard how in the early of hours of Friday, August 18, 2023, police received a 999 call from a distressed woman pleading with officers to help her as she was bleeding and fearing for her life.

Injuries

Upon arrival at her address, they found the woman had severe swelling around her eyes and forehead, blood on her nose, hands and legs.

It was later confirmed that the victim had sustained a fractured left-eye socket, fractured nasal bone and a hairline fracture to one of her fingers.

The victim told officers that she had met Mr Taylor outside Wythenshawe Hospital the previous evening and ended up going back to her address. When she asked him to leave, he became aggressive.

Taylor was arrested on suspicion of rape and Section 18 assault just hours after the incident occurred. He denied the assault and claimed intercourse he had with the victim was consensual.

A few days later, following further investigating evidence, which included a voicemail in which the victim can be heard telling Taylor to calm down, he was charged with two counts of rape and Section 18 assault and remanded into custody.

Bravery

Detective constable Maisie Gilman of Stockport CID said: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank the victim for her bravery throughout this investigation and for having the courage to report this information.

“Jordan Taylor showed absolutely no remorse for his actions, denying both the rape and the assault to officers when he was first arrested and then under caution when he was being interviewed.

“I hope today’s sentencing can act as some sort of closure to the victim and her family. It remains a priority as a force to tackle violence against women and girls robustly to ensure they are safe in our communities, and I would urge any victims to contact the police in the first instance as soon as possible so we can provide the appropriate support.”

If you or someone you know has been a victim of rape or sexual assault, report it to the police by calling 101 or 999 in an emergency.

Helen Greaney
Helen Greaney
I'm a journalist with more than 18 years' experience on local, regional and national newspapers, as well as PR and digital marketing. Crime and the courts is my specialist area but I'm also keen to hear your stories concerning Manchester and the greater North West region.
Latest

Harry Maguire's mum absolutely fuming as Man United defender left out of England squad

The defender's brother has slammed the decision22:58, 21 May 2026Updated 23:23, 21 May 2026Harry Maguire's mum has taken to social media to share her...

Body found in search for missing 14-year-old schoolboy from Stoke-on-Trent

A body has been found in the search for missing 14-year-old Tyler from Stoke-on-Trent, who was last seen on SundayRob Andrews and Olivia Beeson...

Measles outbreak warning for Spain holidays as cases double in tourist hotspot

Cases of measles in Alcantarilla, Murcia have doubled since an outbreak was declared earlier this month, prompting a warning for families travelling to the...

What happens next as Oldham chaos carries on and on and on

The council has been criticised by an MP for its ‘unnecessary and petty-minded politics’Two weeks of meetings have been cancelled amid ongoing mayhem at...
Subscribe to our newsletter
Business Manchester will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
Don't miss

DWP bank holiday benefit payment changes affecting claimants next week

Affected claimants will need to make their money last longer due to the upcoming bank holiday date Payments due on May 25 will be affected(Image:...

Casemiro closing in on transfer as Man United star prepares for final game

Casemiro looks to have made a decision on his next move after bidding farewell to Manchester United supporters last weekendThe midfielder posted a heartfelt...

UK's best value theme park letting kids go free this May half term

Kids can enjoy free entry for the rest of the monthVictoria Lynn, managing director of Drayton Manor, said: “As the UK’s best value theme...

Makerfield by-election LIVE as Starmer says he WILL support Burnham campaign – updates

Sir Keir Starmer has said he will be out campaigning to support Andy Burnham in the Makerfield by-election, despite looming speculation of a leadership...

More News

How to make sure your business bounces back after a cybersecurity attack

You’ll rarely see a cyber breach coming. In a matter of moments, everything you've built could be put at risk, leaving you to pick up...

Teenager arrested after proactive drug dealing operation in Chorlton

A teenage boy was arrested by South Manchester police following a proactive plain clothes operation to combat drug dealing in the area. Officers headed to...

Fake ‘luxury’ goods worth £3 million found in trading standards raid

More than 5,000 fake luxury goods worth £3.1 million have been uncovered in Bury by trading standards officers. The huge haul was discovered in raids...