Other SportsCarlos Alcaraz withdraws from the Monte Carlo Masters

Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from the Monte Carlo Masters

World number three Carlos Alcaraz has withdrawn from the Monte Carlo Masters with an arm injury.

The Spaniard, who also missed this event last year due to injury, won the Masters event in Indian Wells last month before suffering a surprise quarter-final defeat to Grigor Dimitrov in Miami.

Read our other sports news stories here:
Real Madrid v Man City: Repeat of 4-0 triumph ‘almost impossible’, says Guardiola
Rajasthan Royals v Gujarat Titans: Preview, betting offers and odds
Real Madrid v Manchester City: Betting preview, odds and offers

To miss the first major event of the clay court season is a blow for the 20-year-old who will now look to hone his preparation for the French Open in Barcelona and Madrid.

Alcaraz said on X: “I have been working in Monte Carlo and trying to recover until the last minute from an injured pronator teres in my right arm, but it was not possible and I cannot play! I was really looking forward to playing… See you next year!”

Alcaraz reached the semi-finals at Roland Garros before going down in four sets to Novak Djokovic.

Jon Fisher
Jon Fisher
Jon has over 20 years' experience in sports journalism having worked at the Press Association, Goal and Stats Perform, covering three World Cups, an Olympics and numerous other major sporting events.
Latest

Manchester’s ClearVC shortlisted twice at AV Awards 2026 for innovative AutoTrader project

Manchester audio-visual and workplace automation technology provider ClearVC is celebrating receiving double recognition at the AV awards. The company’s commitment to its successful AV integration...

Connectus Business Solutions Celebrates 15-Year Milestone With Next Growth Phase Underway

Connectus Business Solutions is marking 15 years of operation at a time of significant momentum, with the IT and cyber security company having expanded...

JMW achieves profit increase and invests £10m in new flagship Deansgate offices

JMW has announced its financial results for the year 2025/26: the firm achieved a 4% uplift in revenues, with turnover up from £94m in...

Manchester rental homes are letting faster despite higher rents

Manchester's lettings market has become even more competitive for renters, with homes being snapped up faster than they were a year ago despite rents...
Subscribe to our newsletter
Business Manchester will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
Don't miss

Manchester rental homes are letting faster despite higher rents

Manchester's lettings market has become even more competitive for renters, with homes being snapped up faster than they were a year ago despite rents...

Connectus Business Solutions Celebrates 15-Year Milestone With Next Growth Phase Underway

Connectus Business Solutions is marking 15 years of operation at a time of significant momentum, with the IT and cyber security company having expanded...

JMW achieves profit increase and invests £10m in new flagship Deansgate offices

JMW has announced its financial results for the year 2025/26: the firm achieved a 4% uplift in revenues, with turnover up from £94m in...

Manchester’s ClearVC shortlisted twice at AV Awards 2026 for innovative AutoTrader project

Manchester audio-visual and workplace automation technology provider ClearVC is celebrating receiving double recognition at the AV awards. The company’s commitment to its successful AV integration...

More News

VOXY Media House Chosen by DAZN to Capture Anthony Joshua’s Powerful Return to Boxing

WIGAN, UK, July 23, 2026 – As Anthony Joshua prepares to step back into the ring following one of the most challenging periods of...

Rare Mbappé, Messi and Ronaldo Cards Could Surface During Live 2018 National Treasures Break on eBay

ANDOVER, UK, July 15, 2026 - Football card collectors could witness the discovery of some of the hobby's biggest modern treasures this Sunday when...

F1 Australian Grand Prix 2025: Report, result, highlights as Norris savours ‘stressful’ win

Lando Norris praised McLaren's "amazing car" after overcoming unpredictable conditions to beat reigning champion Max Verstappen and win the F1 Australian Grand Prix 2025...