6.5 C
Manchester
Saturday, November 29, 2025
CrimeDad makes plea for return of stolen momentos of dead son

Dad makes plea for return of stolen momentos of dead son

A grieving dad has pleaded for thieves to “have a heart” and return momentos of his dead son.

Mark Holden took to facebook to explain how his car was broken into at Manchester Airport on January 20.

Thieves stole two cushions (pictured below) that had been handmade from T-shirts that belonged to his son Jay (23) who died in 2022.

Screenshot 20240126 163750 Screenshot 20240126 163800

Pictures by Mark Holden

In his social media post that has been shared thousands of times, Mr Holden explained that he took comfort from driving with the cushions in his car.

He said: “They made me feel close to Jay. I am currently feeling distraught and absolutely disgusted that some people can be so evil.”

Other items including glasses and another car key were also taken from the car.

Greater Manchester Police investigated and said that no suspect could be identified but would re-open the case if any information came to light.

A Manchester Airport spokesman said he was saddened to hear of the “appalling theft”, adding that they take security seriously at the car park, with extensive CCTV and staff on patrol.

Anyone who has information about the cushions, can contact police on 101.

Pictures posted by Mark Holden on facebook

Helen Greaney
Helen Greaney
I'm a journalist with more than 18 years' experience on local, regional and national newspapers, as well as PR and digital marketing. Crime and the courts is my specialist area but I'm also keen to hear your stories concerning Manchester and the greater North West region.
Latest

Everything Manchester businesses need to know following the Budget

A Stockport insolvency expert has outlined what businesses need to know in the wake of this week's Budget. Chancellor Rachel Reeves finally delivered her much-anticipated financial...

Kubicle Highlights Serious Global Shortfall in AI Readiness Among Businesses

Kubicle, a world-leading provider of B2B training in data, tech and AI, has warned businesses globally that urgent upskilling is required to keep pace...

J&K Ross Enhances Workplace Safety Portfolio with New Cleaning and Hygiene Product Line

J&K Ross, based in Warrington and known for its specialist PPE and workwear solutions, has broadened its product portfolio with the introduction of a...

Rio Kavanagh Introduces ‘The Commodity Strategist,’ A Practical Manual for Thriving in Today’s Commodity-Driven Economy

British entrepreneur and financial commentator Rio Kavanagh has released The Commodity Strategist, a succinct guide that equips readers with strategic insight into the increasingly...
Subscribe to our newsletter
Business Manchester will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
Don't miss

Kubicle Highlights Serious Global Shortfall in AI Readiness Among Businesses

Kubicle, a world-leading provider of B2B training in data, tech and AI, has warned businesses globally that urgent upskilling is required to keep pace...

Bolton’s business community gathers for official launch of The Wellsprings

Bolton’s entrepreneurs, business leaders, councillors and more, recently came together to celebrate the official launch of The Wellsprings, the town’s new office, meeting and...

Fablr named finalists at Manchester Culture Awards

Fablr and The Modernist Society have been named finalists at the Manchester Culture Awards 2025 - an achievement in its own right - in the...

Everything Manchester businesses need to know following the Budget

A Stockport insolvency expert has outlined what businesses need to know in the wake of this week's Budget. Chancellor Rachel Reeves finally delivered her much-anticipated financial...

More News

Detective convicted of sexual offences is dismissed

Greater Manchester Police have dismissed detective sergeant Richard Mills and barred him from policing at an Accelerated Misconduct Hearing. Mills was sentenced to 18 months...

Eight years behind bars for man who threw acid at teenager’s face

A man has been jailed after throwing a corrosive substance over a 16-year-old boy during an attack in Stockport. Gilson Martins (23) of Ashton Street,...

33 arrests, 80 traffic offences and £19,000 of illegal vapes seized in Bury

Officers in Bury made a total of 33 arrests on Thursday, for a range of offences including drug supply and burglary as part of...