CREST, the international not-for-profit membership body representing the global cybersecurity industry, proudly announces the addition of its first nine Community Supporters to its roster. This development comes in the wake of the CREST Community Supporter initiative’s launch in July. This initiative provides organizations that share a common goal of elevating standards within the global cybersecurity industry with a tangible means to support CREST in its mission to enhance capability, capacity, consistency, and collaboration.
Nick Benson, CREST CEO, expressed his excitement, stating, “I am thrilled to welcome our first nine Community Supporters. To meet the vast array of challenges facing the world of cyber, we must join forces and be serious about open and effective collaboration. Developing relationships and formalising them through our supporter initiative is key to our mission and each of these fantastic organisations will play an important role in helping us build a globally resilient cyber security industry.
Benson added, “By combining the strengths of the cyber security service providers that make up the CREST membership with our new Community Supporters, the whole cyber ecosystem can be brought together to solve the most pressing and complex problems of the day.”
The nine CREST Community Supporters that are joining the initiative are:
- Center for Internet Security (CIS): A community-driven nonprofit organisation responsible for the globally recognised best practices known as the CIS Controls® and CIS Benchmarks™, designed to secure IT systems and data. CREST collaborates with CIS to deliver the CIS Controls Accreditation.
- Cloud Security Alliance: A global non-profit organisation dedicated to defining and promoting best practices to ensure a secure cloud computing environment.
- Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA): A non-profit organisation working to enhance cybersecurity across the global digital ecosystem by facilitating near real-time, high-quality cyber threat information sharing.
- Global Anti Scam Alliance (GASA): An organisation committed to safeguarding consumers worldwide from scams by raising awareness, providing practical tools, and fostering knowledge sharing.
- Global Cyber Alliance: An international non-profit organisation dedicated to eradicating cyber risk and improving the connected world.
- Global Resilience Federation: A nonprofit organisation that creates and manages threat information sharing communities, serving as a hub and integrator for support, analysis, and cross-sector intelligence exchange among information sharing and analysis centers (ISACs), organisations (ISAOs), and computer emergency readiness/response teams (CERTs).
- ISC2: A world-leading member organisation for cybersecurity professionals, driven by a vision of a safe and secure cyber world.
- Stott & May Consulting: Specialists in technology and neurodiversity consulting services. CREST is currently collaborating with them on an innovative neurodiversity training program.
- The Security Institute: Established in 1999, this organisation strives to uphold the highest standards of integrity and professional competence within the security industry.
The CREST Community Supporter initiative was introduced to foster collaboration with organisations and bodies that share CREST’s core values and mission of raising cybersecurity standards worldwide.
CREST Community Supporters share CREST’s vision and are committed to tangibly supporting the cybersecurity industry. The initiative offers three supporter levels – Silver, Gold, and Platinum – each providing a wide range of benefits, including closer collaboration with CREST, promotional support, event discounts, CREST exam vouchers, and more.
For those interested in learning more about the benefits of the CREST Community Supporter program, please visit www.crest-approved.org/about-us/crest-community-supporters/ or contact [email protected].